Rules, terms and conditions concerning the usage of Emmanuel Keller (Tambako the Jaguar) 's photography as reference for art
Every artist may use my pictures as reference for their art, whatever media they use and whether or not they sell the original piece or prints thereof.
Dear Artist, please respect these rules:
- You may use my pictures for free although you can express your gratitude by sending prints or a small amount of the earnings if you sell your art.
Alternatively, you can have a look at a new site, wildlifereferencephotos.com, which sells my photos in high resolution for a modest price, as reference for artists. Many hundreds of my animal pictures are there. Please have a look here.
- Please exclusively use the photographs that are available on my Flickr account (www.flickr.com/photos/tambako/). They are available in original resolution in order for you to paint/draw/scratch/etc. them with a big amount of details. However, please observe that someEven though some of my pictures are licensed under Getty Images, you may notstill may use these as reference for art, as I could check with Getty. The other ones are licensed under Creative Commons. To check the license of the pictures, please look at the right hand side of the picture page, where the information are, under the number of views. If the line says "Some Rights Reserved", you can use the picture. If the line says "All Rights Reserved", you cannot. If you are unsure, please ask me.
- The license you obtain for using a picture is non-exclusive, that means that other artitsts may alse use this picture without further limitations besides these stated within these rules.
- You must credit me every time you publish your art for which you used one of my pictures as reference, on websites, blogs, forums, Facebook, other social networks, etc. The same applies for other media such as pictures CDs. When you sell original art (or prints) created from my pictures, you also must credit me, especially on Ebay. You can credit me with my real name ("Emmanuel Keller") or my nickname ("Tambako" or "Tambako the Jaguar"). When possible, please also include my Flickr site.
- Every time you want to start a painting or other art piece using my picture as reference, please tell me which one it is. The best way is to send me the address of the picture on Flickr since I have many pictures with duplicate names. Please tell me if you intend to create something special like composing from different pictures, using a different background or colors, etc.
- I'd be also glad to see the result of the art piece using my picture and add the picture to my own collection.
- If you know fellow artists who also would like to use my photographs as reference, please tell them to contact me per mail or on Facebook (see information below).
I am glad that you respect these rules. There are not a lot of photographers who provide artists with high quality photography and don't ask money for them, so the best proof of respect and thankfulness is to at least respect these rules and act as advertisers for my photography. Thanks a lot.
You can also reach me per e-mail here or here or on Facebook.
Deutsche Version - Version française